Friday, September 23, 2011

Moving On



We're at the butt end now of the September 30-day blog challenge and I am really happy with the results so far. I have blogged about all kinds of stuff that I otherwise wouldn't have bothered to. There have been new people commenting. I have discovered new blogs thanks to other people taking on the 30-day blog challenge.

I have also thought a lot about where I would like this blog to go. I think that once September is up I am going to change the look a bit and start blogging about my new 30-day challenge. I'd like to largely leave the ex-Mormon element of my blog behind. I have been blogging about my de-conversion for 2 years now and I would like to refocus. I am going to have links to the old stuff still readily available and I am still going to talk about whatever comes to mind but I would like to try something new.

So, I need your help.

What should I choose for my next 30-day challenge?


  • 30-minute houseclean (not counting dishes, laundry etc i.e. everyday stuff) 
  • A photo a day
  • No chocolate!
  • A letter a day
  • No face-book 
  • Abstain from alcohol
  • 2x 15 min Meditation per day. (Or one 30 min)
  • Make something every day (crafty)
  • Push-up challenge (30 push-ups a day) 
  • Kiss challenge 

I want you to vote! If you have more ideas please let me know. I plan to keep this going; once I've finished one I'll move onto the next. Check out the poll in the top right hand corner of this blog. 

13 comments:

  1. Sounds exciting. I definitely vote agains the no chocolate option - that just sounds like torture!
    I have to ask what the Kiss challenge is?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I really don't want to do that one, nor the alcohol one. The kiss one is a 10 second minimum kiss every day (w/Rockstar) ... I am guilty of peck's and shoo-ing away further affection bcOs erm, the dishes, dinner, computer need me more. oops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think u should do the meditation :-)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. me toooooo, vote Rach. Over there on the top right of my blog xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahah ooopsie... if only i read things properly hey!! ok going to vote now!!!! ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Then I totally vote for the kiss challenge. What a cool idea. Did you think of that one?
    I read some totally corny facebook thing that a cousin linked to yesterday - about a man who wants a divorce and his wife says yes but first he has to carry her to the front door each day for a month - and of course the physical contact leads to increased genuine affection. Corny yes but I had a tear anyway.
    Married 10+ years - we need to remind ourselves sometimes of how sexy our husbands are and how much we really love affection from them :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting results in the poll so far. One vote for everything except no booze and no facebook (eBooze or eCrack?) An eight way tie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh goody, I really don't want to do the alcohol one either BUT I would like to be 'forced' into the no facebook one. I don't seem to have the willpower on my own ;)

    I've thought of another one now too but I don't know how to change the poll! haha. I'll have to save it for the next month. It was to get up at the same time and go to bed at the same time every day. I'd like to see if I feel significantly more energised from it. I was thinking 11pm and 7am.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Mandy, I nearly missed your comment up there. I think I first heard about the '10 second kiss' on Oprah :P I thought it would be a do-able challenge for a month - that is if Rockstar and I can stop arguing first :(

    I like the story about carrying her to the door. It's got me thinking. Whyyyyyyyy is marriage so hard?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think marriage is so hard because it involves 2 humans. We are difficult creatures!

    ReplyDelete
  11. did you see my fb picture post about soul mates? I don't believe we have soul mates but the main message was cool.

    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=275862779098295&set=a.117385378279370.14737.116339545050620&type=1&ref=nf

    ReplyDelete