Thursday, September 8, 2011

Reality

My daughter's class received some hard news today. One of the girls was not at school... because her mother died this morning. She had been diagnosed with cancer just a few weeks ago and now she is dead.

 "If there is anybody known to you who might benefit from a letter or a visit, do not on any account postpone the writing or the making of it. The difference made will almost certainly be more than you have calculated." 
Christopher Hitchens Hitch-22

"Do not aspire to immortal life but exhaust the limits of the possible" 
Pindar Pithian III

Go hug someone. Now.

2 comments:

  1. Man, hug everybody.

    Who knows -- someone could find something wrong, and be gone in four weeks. Does my body now carry the seeds of its own destruction?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been observing a couple of friends of mine who know how to really look after themselves and how to get the most out of life. It is time for me to start emulating them. I have spent too long preparing for the future (including eternity) I need to live in the here and now.

    It can be that quick! weeks. hours. years. who knows. We seem to be quite delicate mammals. I really think that the more gusto we out into life though, the stronger and more resilient our bodies become. LOVE LOVE LOVE LIVE LOVE

    ReplyDelete